Tuesday, May 27
Wednesday, May 21
Monday, May 19
"Out of sight / late night /erudite / hermaphrodite."
"All you sexy hermaphrodite ladyman -- your sexy lady bits, your sexy man bits too, even you must be into you."
- shared message of change and battle against entrenched corporate interests in Washington
- leading progressive figure in the Democratic party
- strengthens Obama’s support with white males
- helps in North Carolina, a potential swing state
- nice hair
- track record of not quite, like, you know, winning elections
- suffers in the vital “people who hate sons of millworkers” demographic
- makes Obama look much, much taller
- theoretically helps with independent voters
- reassures voters that unpleasant-but-survivable status quo will remain essentially untouched
- his nomination would ensure that David Broder, David Brooks, George Will, and Mickey Kaus would all get such massive erections that they would die of lack of blood flow to the brain
- is Joe Lieberman
- no, seriously, is Joe Lieberman
- All of the genius and inspiration of Barack Obama
- Just as likeable as Barack Obama
- In a pinch can replace Barack Obama if he shaves his goatee
- Like, whoa, totally evil
- We are so not kidding about the evil
Thursday, May 15
Monday, May 12
Friday, May 9
There are an astounding 13 million CCTV cameras in Britain, including one outside George Orwell's old house. Information Commissioner Richard Thomas warned that the country was "sleepwalking into a surveillance society." And a study released this week found that they have done virtually nothing to cut crime.
I pass no judgment on the quality of the band's music, but they are clearly talented when it comes to promotion.
The Duck Hunt Lamp
"So one day I picked up an NES Zapper (gun) and went 'woah, that would make a cool lamp!'"
The Giant Nintendo Controller coffee table
Even more improbable than the fact that someone took many, many hours to build this (it even works as a controller) is that the guy actually has a girlfriend.
Thursday, May 8
Wednesday, May 7
Faced with what I can only imagine was a tsunami of wannabe diners, the website seems to have stopped taking reservations all together.
It's the first time I've ever seen those symbols on the far right, and I've been logging on at 10 am to try for a table ever since the place opened.
Is the site broken? Or is David Chang shutting things down for a day because of the stellar review and the resulting surge in demand? Inquiring gourmands want to know....
Sounds like there was some weird stuff going on in the cockpit of an Air France plane this weekend. It made a daredevil 10,000 foot climb and rocked from side to side -- all because the captain was "showing off" for a young boy.
Reports that the captain was discussing whether the boy had ever been in a Turkish prison could not be confirmed.