Thursday, January 31

Back from Davos

Sorry I've been a bit absent the last few weeks. It's not you, it's me. Last week I was in Switzerland covering the World Economic Forum. It was quite a trip -- a typical day was to work from sunup to sundown, go out to a succession of cocktail parties, sleep a few hours and do it all over again.

It was pretty much a star-f**kers paradise -- and yes, I include myself in that description. Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf what? Natalie Campbell who? See photo below for one of my close encounters:

26012008005

Here's my friend Siobhan talking with the fabulous Emma Thompson. I did a video interview with Ms. Thompson on my mobile phone, in which she asks if she should look at me or my "little dingy". (Click here to watch)

DSC_0305

The food was pretty amazing -- rösti, raclette, and at one party unlimited jamon iberico. But I think my favorite moment was at a party that had the biggest and baddest cover band I've ever seen. I would happily pay good money to see these guys live. Watch the band leader give a shout-out to my employer in the video below (I was filming from the side of the stage -- he read "Reuters" off my name badge).

video

1 comment:

JDizzle said...

Look at you fancy pants!