Tuesday, September 11

The iPod of my dreams

Two weeks ago, in a haze of post-back surgery pain pills, I managed to lose my iPod. It wasn't that surprising given that I seem to live in a strange, extra-geographical Bermuda Triangle where iPods go to die. Over four years, here's the tally:

Third generation iPod -- Defective out of the box
3G iPod (replaced by Apple) -- Hard drive failure
1G iPod shuffle -- Lost
2G iPod shuffle -- Stolen from my office
1G iPod nano -- M.I.A.

Now, if insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a new result each time, I am clearly certifiable when it comes to Steve Jobs' magical little devices. Because of course the latest iPod mishap coincided with the announcement of a new batch of drool-worthy iPods -- specifically the new iPod Touch, which is basically an iPhone without the phone.

Lose an iPod, buy a more expensive one -- it makes no sense, right? Except that's exactly what I was prepared to do.

Then, last night, I had a dream in which I found my iPod nano. I was filled with a deep feeling of happiness and tranquility, only to wake up in a cruel iPod-less world.

Walking to work in the rain this morning, I felt a strange bulge in my jacket -- my beloved blue Nano. But did I feel happy? Not for long. Because now I had no reason to buy the new Touch....

Damn you, Jobs!!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Is the red tin in one of your pockets also?

PS. Your blog's Comment Word Verification bar just had me type "ycakDONG"!