Wednesday, April 25

My daemon revealed -- and it's not a monkey!

The newly opened website for The Golden Compass -- the first cinematic installment of the His Dark Materials trilogy -- picks out your personal daemon based on answers to a 20-part questionaire.

For those not familiar with the book, it takes place in a world where everyone has a daemon, an animal that is essentially an external representation of your personality or soul. Kids have daemons that change shape until puberty, when they become fixed. So, a warrior might have a tiger daemon, a librarian might have a mouse, and the evil Mrs Coulter has ... (drumroll please) an evil golden monkey daemon.

(Interestingly, everyone in the book has a daemon of the opposite gender except for the gay characters. This isn't an option on the Website.)

I can't say I'm wild about the choice the site picked for me. But in a very cool twist, it lets you solicit feedback from your friends before your daemon assumes its final form. You have 12 days to comment, so get working!



The Golden Compass arrives in theaters Dec. 7.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Oh no! I think I accidentally changed your daemon!

Mine is a jackal....