Monday, August 21

To: John Kerry From: Everyone

kerry03On Sunday Ira Glass from "This American Life" had a little something to share about the 2004 Democratic Party Presidential nominee:

"Why won't John Kerry just go away? Why do I keep seeing his grey, zombie-like face, intoning in that ...intonation he has, where he's almost human but not quite human?

I'm not proud of this, and I'm just saying it as one voter to another, and is anyone else feeling this too?

When I'm flipping channels and I see him making a speech or giving an interview, I feel this moment of rage, like why do you still walk the Earth?

Why do I have to keep seeing your face? We all took a vote: we don't like you. I see him and it's like seeing some ex-girlfriend that you don't want to run into on the street. Like why do I still have to think about you, now, after everything? Stop running for president, John Kerry."

Can I just add, Al Gore, ditto?

No comments: