Friday, December 16

The Woomba: Feminine Hygiene Robot


Great fake SNL commercial on the Woomba, a feminine hygiene robot from the makers of the Roomba, which brutally lampoons all of those soft-focus commercials that promise to end that "not so fresh feeling."

"It's a robot and it cleans my business -- my lady business -- and I like that," exclaims Tina Fey (above).

Cut to a typical scene of a woman skipping carefreely through the forest, only to find that she's frantically trying to escape the Woomba, which clearly has a mind of its own.

Frighteningly, its "beedee beedee" sound effects suggest it may be the bastard child of Twiki from Buck Rogers and the Hamburglar.


"Once Woomba has been activated, it is entirely self-sufficient. IT CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. Woomba will address your personal feminine hygiene needs whenever and wherever it thinks best."

You can run from robotic feminine hygiene, but you cannot hide.

Other great SNL fake ads: Dan Ackroyd's Super Bass-O-Matic, The Oops I Crapped My Pants adult diaper, The Love Toilet ("Because when you're in love, even five minutes apart can seem like an eternity"), Schmitts Gay beer, and (I have to admit I haven't seen this one) Steve Martin's All-Natural Penis Beauty Cream.

No comments: