I picked up "Planet Simpson" by Chris Turner. Sometimes it takes itself a bit seriously ("Bart Simpson: Punk Icon"?) but it has some priceless marginalia, which I'll be excerpting here.
Real Life Notes from Fox Censors (according to Matt Groening):
- To discourage imitation by young and foolish viewers, when Homer begins to pour the hot wax in his mouth, please have him scream in pain so kids will understand that doing this would actually burn their mouths.
- Although it is only a dream, please do not show Homer holding a sign that reads KILL MY BOY.
- After Marge turns off the light, please substitute a line that's more general, such as 'get away from me' or 'stop that,' instead of 'get off me.'
- Bart's line 'Sod off' and Willie's rejoinder 'I'll give you something to sod off about!' are not acceptable. This phrase refers to sodomy despite your set-up about resodding the lawn.
- It will not be acceptable for Itchy to stab Scratchy in the guts and yank his intestine out and use it as a bungy cord.'