Tuesday, August 31

Just got back from a fun weekend in Edinburgh, covering the voice of Bart Simpson and famous celebrity mistresses. Also caught the stand-up act of comedian Demetri Martin, a writer for Conan and winner of the prestigious Perrier award for best stand-up comic at last year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
He unleashed a hilarious slew of "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy"-esque off the cuff musings, a la:

"I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades. Especially if your friends are bad guessers."
and
"I like to have 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' on my toast in the morning, because I think it's important to be incredulous at breakfast. And when your friends ask you how your breakfast was, you can say, 'Unbelievable.'"
View a video clip here.

No comments: